Sunday, June 20, 2010

Do you know of any great products for styling natural African American hair?

I usually twist my hair. I need something that has a lot of moisture in it, but is gentle because I have extra-sensitive skin/scalp. I am using Miss Jessie's baby buttercream right now but it is irritating my skin. any suggestions?



thanks!



Do you know of any great products for styling natural African American hair?

Look for products that state exactly that, moisturizing. My daughter's hair is curly, her father is from Belize, and his hair is thick and curly. She has his hair, but spongy like mine. Ironically I find that the WHITE products work better in softening her hair and making the curls form nicely. When I use products too heavy, it make it frizzy and look like an afro. I use Pantene Shampoo for both her hair and mine, and I notice that Pantene works well in my hair also. Jojoba Oil is a good moisturizer. Currenlty I use Suaze gel (just the $1 gel in the grocery store) and it makes both of our hair soft and manageble. My hair is nothing like hers, and it works for me also.



Do you know of any great products for styling natural African American hair?

A friend of my sisters uses Baby Magic Baby lotion on her daughters hair. it keeps it soft and moist as long as you dont use tons to make it greasy. Its extra gentle since its baby lotion and its hypo allergenic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
credit score