Thursday, June 17, 2010

Is there a way to get rid of stiff African American hair?

I have a relaxer in my hair, I used to use the Nexxus hair products and now I'm about to switch to Mazani. I flat iron it and use a heat protection product. And my hair is still stiff and puffy. Is there a way to get rid of this problem. Does anyone know if any of the Mazani products helps with this problem, or any other product? Please help!!!



Is there a way to get rid of stiff African American hair?

It does sound like your hair is damaged. I personally wouldn't suggest using Mazani b/c it's is a very strong product that will only serve to thin your hair and worsen your problem. I have thick hair and after 1 1/2 years of using Mazani, my hair was thin and very weak even though it was still growing. I now us Creme of Nature No Base. Also, your problem might be b/c your using No-Lye relaxers. They cause protein build-up in your hair that damage it overtime. Their designed to be easier on your scalp and not your hair and even with using neutralizing shampoo, buildup remains. I suggest switching to a Lye or No Base relaxer. These relaxers are easier on your hair and don't leave behind the buildup like No-lye does. But it you burn easily, you should take the proper precautions to protect your scalp.



Since your hair is relaxed, try stretching between relaxers. So instead of relaxing every 6 weeks, try to go for 10 weeks instead. Stretching cuts down on the chances of you overlapping and over-processing previously relaxed hair which leads to damage, brittle hair and breakage.



Another thing may be that your hair isn't getting enough moisture. B/c you regularly use heat on your hair you should use a daily moisturizer to give back what the heat is taking away. (i.e Pantene Relaxed %26amp; Natural Daily Moisturizer.) Also, consider washing your hair weekly or biweekly (however often you wash) with only conditioner. It's called co-washing and is really good for your hair. Only wash once a month with a clarifying shampoo to get rid of buildup. Shampoo is very harsh on your hair and strips it so co-washing is cleaning your hair but not nearly as harsh. I use Mane n Tail Conditioner and sometimes leave it in as a leave in conditoner.



Lastly I would suggest that you protect your ends. I using a product by Elasta QP called Mango Butter. I apply it to my ends and sides. It protects your hair by sealing in moisture to prevent split ends and breakage.



Best of luck in your haircare journey. HTH.



Is there a way to get rid of stiff African American hair?

I have never known of someone having a relaxer and using a flat iron and still having puffy hair. maybe you should use super when you get a perm. i don't know.



Is there a way to get rid of stiff African American hair?

try using the Dr. Miracle or Olive Oil perms, they work VERY good on my hair...then comb %26amp; blow-dry it instead of flat iron....use oil sheen before you blow-dry....then spray again after you blow-dry, and then put a bandana on it or style



Is there a way to get rid of stiff African American hair?

Honestly your hair might be damaged. Maybe you should try a deep conditioner...personally I use motions at home line that works pretty good. Try a hot oil treatment too.



Is there a way to get rid of stiff African American hair?

u could wear a weave



Is there a way to get rid of stiff African American hair?

Ur hair is stiff because u just have very *****-ish hair. The best thing to do is not to use any hair grease but a light lotion and wrap your hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
credit score