Sunday, June 20, 2010

Getting braids?

im going on vacation and i'm getting my hair braided. im african american and i have long hair, thick, and about 4 inches past my shoulder. the thing is when i braid it, i want to get extentions b/c i dont want it to shrival when i get it wet and i want it to still be the same length. i'm having a hard time deciding what type of braids to get and what type of hair i should use. please help.



Getting braids?

I am African American and when I went on vacation I got corn rolls ( thick ones)- that is what I would recommend. My hair is past my shoulders and I was worried about getting braids that would be too tight and make my hair fall out or thin. The ones I got were easy to remove and I didn't have to worry about my hair. I kept them in for a month- some people keep them in longer. You can get whatever style you would like. But, I personally think micro braids are too small and I know from some friends of mine that they are a big pain to get out. Also because they are so small they may pull on your hair more.



Getting braids?

GET MICRO BRAIDS OR TWIST BRAIDS



Getting braids?

The last time I had braids, I got a faux-hawk: it looked like a mowhawk. I had the sides of my head cornrowed, and then she fastened those brades with rubber bands. Then, I had the length of my hair braided in micro brades. The bangs were left untouched. I loved the look because it stayed out of my face, but I still had hair that covered my neck. Then, if you get tired of that looks and want something different, you can take out the micro-brades just from the length of the hair, and you'll still have just the head in cornrows with the faux-hawk unbraded. The look is very edgy and fun, and I would recommend it if you want something different.



Getting braids?

If you want extension you would get very small braids to the scalp and the would sew the pieces all over. You should use human hair if want to last in the water. If done right your hair will be secure under the pieces and you just come the extensions but still condition your hair. it will get dry.



or Freestyle braids aka mircobraids. Make sure you use human hair for these specific type of braids. Depending on how you feel about the dryness of your scalp after time past oil a least twice a week and wash it thoroughly after time in the pool or sweating a lot in your hair. USE HUMAN HAIR. YOU CAN PUT HEAT APPLIANCES ON IT. HUMAN HAIR IS EXPENSIVE BUT WORTH IT.



Getting braids?

use human hair and i would suggest getting some pixies but ask them can they not burn the bottom and braid it straight down like how they do singlsliz twist.



Getting braids?

get braids but use your own hair if your hair is that long girls kill me and wanna hve all this crap in they hair when its long and pretty. use your own youll regret it later put that crapin your hair



Getting braids?

Try cornrows. You can do a few styles with them (bun in the back, swept to the side, curled at the ends, etc.). I just find cornrows the least damaging when it comes to braids and they are not a pain in the butt to take out, especially if this is just a temporary style for vacation purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
credit score