Friday, November 27, 2009

Cradle cap?

my 7 week old has cradle cap and its on his eye brows and forehead i have a two year old and he had it when he was that age but (im african american) and i put hair grease on it and it went away, i did the same with him and it turned his whole face red, ive tried baby oil and it turned him red also, ive also tried washing it regularly and it didnt do anything but make it come back, its red and peeling and on his face, i think it may also itch him, is there anything that you guys have used that acutally works, i know itll keep coming back, but as long as i can treat it when it does!



thankx in advance!;)



Cradle cap?

My son got cradle cap when he was 2 months old, he is now 4 months and it has just started to go, all the flakes have started to come off. All I did was wash his head and face with cotton wool dipped in water with a tiny bit of johnson's baby bath mixed in - my son has very sensitive skin, I tried using a cradle cap shampoo once and it really irritated him. He also had it on his eyebrows so I just washed them with water everyday too. Once I dried his head I put a little talc on it to get rid of the smell and then I would brush his hair with a soft brush which helped to loosen the flakes, so you don't need to use anything special. Good luck.



Cradle cap?

They make something..I dont know what its called..over the counter for it but your doctor should be able to give you a prescription for something too! Good Luck!



Cradle cap?

My mom used slightly warm olive oil...... that softened it enough to comb off.... Good Luck!



Cradle cap?

My daughter only had a touch....and I am not African American....and I know nothing of why it is turning his red....but I'll tell you the best thing is to just pick the flakes off if everything else is turning him red. That's what I did with my daughter. Her cousin had a horrible case that has only recently gone away and he is almost 6 months old. Most doctors will tell you just to wait it out and let it run it's course. It's not harmful and they don't notice it. So, either pick at it, or give it time.



Cradle cap?

Baby should outgrow this in the next few months. My daughter has a mild case of it still (8 weeks). I avoid washing her hair every day as that can actually make it worse. I use vaseline intensive care lotion on her face (pediatrician advice). He may sensitive to the oils you have tried. Try using mineral oil on his head and massage right before bath time. Then you should be able to wash the loose skin out with the oil.



Good Luck, and congratulations on your little one!



Cradle cap?

go to walgreens or rite aid or cvs and they have a cradle cap shampoo specialy made for cradle cap



Cradle cap?

You can always call the doc and ask them. My 4 month old had it on his head but the baby oil helped it....I do know you aren't supposed to put soap or anything on it tho because it can make it worse....



Cradle cap?

It may not be cradle cap on his face, it may just be dry skin. I would try Aquafor on his face or just baby lotion. Last winter my daughter (now 13 months) had the same thing. We just kept putting lotion on her face and then it finally went away.



Definantly don't wash it everyday. A baby that age only needs a bath every 3 days.



The cradle cap, never really went away, now she has enough hair I can't even tell if it is still there. When she did have it, we would comb against it when we would wash her hair, and then rinse the flakes out.



Cradle cap?

My son who is 3 months old has cradle cap on the very top of his head. We use Johnsons Baby Shampoo and really massage his head well, rinse well, and then comb and brush the flakes away. After just 2 days it is getting better. Maybe try this on his forehead? The shampoo is no tears so it won't sting and may be gentle enough for him.



Cradle cap?

have you tried olive oil? My daughter had it BAD and it disappeared after two doses.



Rub it every where where it is and massage it in. Let it it for awhile then try to comb or brush it through and let it sit longer. After a couple hours wash it out.



Good luck.



Cradle cap?

My son had it when he was a newborn too. Someone told me to wash his hair in dandruff shampoo and afterwards comb the loose stuff out . After a few times it was gone. Good luck.



Cradle cap?

I'm not sure of a definant way to get rid of it, but I just wanted to say that its caused buy dry skin. So the more you wash it the more you dry it out. My daughter had it, we put baby lotion on it, it helped but time was the only thing that worked.



Cradle cap?

there is a product by "gentle nautrals" that makes a hair wash for cradle cap. It worked well for both of mine. It does sound as if your baby is having allergies to the grease and oil. so refrain from using those. also get a soft nail brush while you are washing his hair to get rid of the dry skin that is on his head.



Cradle cap?

It might not be cradle cap. There are many skin irritations that can cause rough spots. My son has psoriosis and the only reason I know thats what it is, is because it runs in my family. I use dandruff shampoo and face lotions that have salicylic acid in them, you can get them over the counter. But I would have your doctor look at it because it might be something else and you might be able to get something perscribed that works better.



Be carefull though my friends child is bi-racial and she found out that some products have forms of steroids in them (even over the counter) and they would cause light spots on her daughters skin.



Plus dont wash too much cause you can dry it more I can only wash mine and my sons skin once a week.



Cradle cap?

It might not be cradle cap. He could have eczema and when you're putting oils and grease on it you're irritating it. Try not to wash his face with the same rag you're washing him up with. Even though you're rinsing the rag out soap is still in it then you turn around and wash his face and head now he has soap left on his head that you don't see. Newborns don't need their hair washed with soap nor shampoo just warm plain water, apply some lotion and brushed. You also need to be careful with putting grease on his head cause you can smoother his soft spot.



Cradle cap?

My son had cradle cap that progressed to mild eczema. I used hydrocortizone cream, and a few days later it was gone. Weird, I know, but it worked. Plus if it's itching, that will take the itch away.



Cradle cap?

Detanox is good its cradle cap shampoo i use it as regular shampoo until they are around 6 months its quite expensive for a small bottle but it really does work you could also try olive oil



Cradle cap?

pure baby oil rub it in good careful not to get it in eyes wash out next day wait a day and do it again. don't try to peel it off the sculpt it may hurt the baby.use a comb and get the loose parts out.

1 comment:

 
credit score