Saturday, November 28, 2009

How to take a break from relaxers?

Im African American and have been relaxing my hair for a few years now. How can you take a break from relaxers without hair becoming damaged/ breaking off or having to starting over?



How to take a break from relaxers?

It depends on whether your hair has a tendency to break. I have relaxed my hair for about 6 years. I stopped about a year ago, but my hair didn't break at all. I have strong, thick hair though. My hair usually doesn't break at all unless I apply too much heat to my hair. * by straightening it every day* However, if you want to ensure that your hair will not break because it has a tendency to, you can apply braids in your hair or have a weave sewn in. That will protect your hair, and probably allow it to grow because it will be in braids the entire time. Try to stay away from glue-in weaves though because the glue can take some of your hair out just because it's glue.



If you want to wear your natural hair * without braids, or weaves* and just not apply a relaxer, make sure that you get a good leave in conditioner. You MUST keep your hair moisturized. Stay away from products with mineral oil and high alcohol content, those ingredients dry out the hair and cause damage.



I would recommend Redken or Rusk line for your hair. If you want a straight hairstyle also try the Straightline products. For straight I would recommend Rusk or Curly Sexy Hair.



If you have any more questions feel free to email me, trust me I've been in your situation! :]



Hope that helps!



How to take a break from relaxers?

well, you can keep it in braids for awhile.



How to take a break from relaxers?

im african american as well iam taking a break from perms for a year. you should get ur hair braided instead of perms it really helps



How to take a break from relaxers?

you could get it pressed. Or braided. Or you could just wear it naturally.



How to take a break from relaxers?

I took a break from relaxers by doing braids then a weave. Those damaged my hair more than the relaxer ever would have.



My edges (hairline) has still not recovered and it's been over 2 years, and my formerly thick hair is now thin.



I ended up getting it all cut off and starting from scratch to make it healthy again.



My Mom wanted to get rid of perms for good, so she did a press and curl with regular trims until her hair was all natural.



How to take a break from relaxers?

Go natural, wear micros, kinky twist, french braids, cornrows or a weave wrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
credit score