Saturday, November 28, 2009

How can i get my "nappy" african american hair straight?

My hair is short and unmanageable. And my hair has gone through some serius heat damage!!



How can i get my "nappy" african american hair straight?

Buy loads and loads of conditioner. Regular deep mositurizing, in shower conditioner. Use handfuls of it. Soak it in your hair for at least 5 minutes at a time, as long as possible, and only shampoo the roots of your hair when you need to.. Heat activated conditioner is best. VO5 hot oil treatment is good too.



My best friend used to have this problem too. Our hair isnt really all that different when its taken care of the same. Its pretty much all marketing. When you use chemical relaxers, just like if I use hair color or perm, make sure you just deep condition it constantly. Be suspicious of "black" hair products. Lotions and grease just sit on top of your hair. It dosent soak in. 99% of it is cheap crap (ive seen the wholsesale prices) They quadruple the prices, and expect you to buy it just cause theres a black person on the front of it. The only thing good Ive seen is the pantene pro-v version, its good at soaking into thick hair.



How can i get my "nappy" african american hair straight?

Its is REALLY important to use conditioner and different natural hair products (Olive oil, beeswax, etc.) Those help. If you wanted straight hair i would suggest a hot comb or a perm, but since your hair is already damaged from heat i think you should just leave your hair in a stylish afro and make sure it becomes more healthy to striaghten it. Good luck



How can i get my "nappy" african american hair straight?

Just leave it be.....And embrace your hair no matter what texture it is.



I think Natural beauty is the best beauty...............



How can i get my "nappy" african american hair straight?

erm have u tried relaxing it?



How can i get my "nappy" african american hair straight?

If you use a relaxer it's going to damage it even more. I would suggest (if it's not already too short) cutting it as short as possible, and start from scratch. Use deep treatments weekly to make your hair healthy again. Once your hair grows out a little, you can try to use a relaxer.



How can i get my "nappy" african american hair straight?

Go to a salon!! Let them fix it for you.



How can i get my "nappy" african american hair straight?

Firstly,all Afro American hair,is unmanageable,unless you've had a perm or whatever.Just straighten it.Go to Sallys hair and beauty,and get a Ceramic Hair Straightener.DO NOT go for the most expensive straightener because the more expensive,the worse they straighten hair.Sence I do hair,The Ceramic Straightener,I use is $30,and you need to get pressing oil to straighten the hair evenly.



How can i get my "nappy" african american hair straight?

DON'T use any relaxers or any type of heat on it. too much damage! Do you're researh, check out: http://www.nappturality.com/modules/wfse... this is an awesome website with GREAT advice on African-American hair care along with this site: http://motowngirl.com/twists.php, and one more: http://www.roshini.net/journal/1999/1999... (fantastic girl who chronicles her natural hair journey). One more great site which is: http://nappyme.wordpress.com/tag/my-napp... has great advice and VIDEOS that will help you be more comfterble with your hair



Be happy being nappy/straight!



How can i get my "nappy" african american hair straight?

Hi there,



Nappy hair is only unmanageable when you don't know how to take care of it. I too had some horrible heat damage that I had to overcome. But with time and patience and some proactive efforts on my part I learned to care for my hair in its natural state. Nappy, unaltered hair is the healthiest route you can possible take. Ditch the heat and learn how to care for, style and embrace your precious nappy hair. It's the most versatile hair on the planet.



I'm extending a personal to you to come and check out my site at nappyme.wordpress.com. There you'll find tons of articles about how to care for your nappy hair. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.



And as another person suggested check out some of the other resources such as Nappturality.com. Motowngirl.com, Naani.com. When you get to my site, check the blog roll for links to additional resources.



I hear your frustration but I just want you to know that you do NOT have to go this alone. There is help out there to help you learn how to manage and style your beautiful nappy hair. So don't believe the hype that you have to straighten it into oblivon in order to be conform to a standard of beauty that really isn't meant to be.



Good luck!



Nappyme.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
credit score