Saturday, November 28, 2009

Whats the best shampoo and conditioner for African American hair?

My hair has really been thinning and breaking. I don't know how to prevent it or restore my growth. I always had long thick hair and now its slowly losing its strength and thickness. What are some good tips?



Whats the best shampoo and conditioner for African American hair?

I used to have the same problem with shedding, the thinning and breakage. My hair lost its strength due to overprocessing. My hair is very thick but with a good grain that would wave as my new growth began to come in. Well to make a long story short. I used to wear ponytails alot and ended up creating my own hair line in the back. I visited a hair stylist recommended by a co-worker and she began treating my hair for the damage. Here a few things that she did and advised me to maintain in between appointments:



1. She deep conditioned my hair (I would have to sit with a plastic cap on under the hair dryer for 15 mins. every two weeks.



2. She only used oil in my hair instead of grease and moisturizers. (Hot Six Oil to be exact; which could be used as a hot oil treatment among other things. They are all listed on the bottle.)



3. She would flat-iron my hair to extend my perm past the usual "4 - 6" period. I would go a least another 4 weeks before getting another perm.



4. She recommended that I used a silk or satin scarf or pillow case to sleep with at night because other fabrics tend to dry your hair and also increase breakage.



Since then, I have gone completely natural. I cut all of my hair off and as it grew out I cut the remainder of the perm out in phases. My hair is thicker than before and I love the natural look. I tend to use organic products instead of commercial products because of the ingredients they contain. You'll be amazed at what you find out. Email me if you have any other questions.



Look up these websites for advice and tips:



www.pebblespage.com



www.thesoulsister.com



www.carolsdaughter.com



www.cranberrylane.com



Whats the best shampoo and conditioner for African American hair?

i heard mane and tails my lil cousin is African American and that is what she uses i used it to and it works great it is a shampoo they use it on animals and horse but for humans to



Whats the best shampoo and conditioner for African American hair?

I'm waiting for the answer to this too. I use motions daily hairdressing thing and i just bought their leave in conditioner. I havent tried the latter yet but i must say that i like the former.



I also just bought pantene's shampoo and conditioner to make hair stronger, haven't tried it yet.



But up to now i haven't found anything that works on black hair. Most of the shampoos out there only work for white ppl



Up to now i cant find a good site that offers good beauty tips especially for black ppl. Especially hair care and makeup



Whats the best shampoo and conditioner for African American hair?

Try to use new Sunsilk shampoo,conditioner,and cream. Also what you might want to try is Treseme. They both keep you hair strong and looking natural and beautifull. Well I hope I did a good job and hope you pick me for the best answer



Whats the best shampoo and conditioner for African American hair?

Kera Care products are best for African American hair. They provide the essential oils needed for healthy hair and hair growth. Although the products are a bit expensive the performance of these products are outstanding.



Whats the best shampoo and conditioner for African American hair?

I would highly recommend using Nioxin shampoo and conditioners. Just simply log onto nioxin.com and there should be charts where you can find the best shampoo and conditioner for your hair. This is the best product, i think, out there that people who have thinning hair can use.



Whats the best shampoo and conditioner for African American hair?

Doo Gro, Organic Root Stimulator and Pantene

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
credit score