Friday, November 27, 2009

Honest answers, please...?

What is your view of an African American woman with her hair in an afro or twists? Would you think her militant, contemporary, or conservative? Do you think that would keep her from being accepted in all avenues of society...i.e. the corporate world ?



Please be honest. Even if your view doesn't seem "politically correct", I am very curious...



Honest answers, please...?

I think they look beautiful and natural. I'm a white woman but I don't see why the norm for beauty has to be Barbie. I've had some black friends do a lot of damage to their hair with harsh chemicals trying to make it do things it just was not made to do. Unfortunately, I think the corporate world has some catching up to do. As usual.



Honest answers, please...?

I think it's just hair and how you wear it is your business and choice. I also feel that you should not be discriminated against if you have twist,dreads, or an afro. However, in a predominately white corporate world, your hair might be looked at as "too ethnic" which is just a racist's politically correct way of saying too black.



We all would like to do what we want and still be accepted in the world in general; have as many tattoos as we want, dye our hair any color, wear loud colors. But let's face it in the corporate world you have to tone it down! So if your hair is outrageous, you have tattoos on your neck, or your favorite color is hot pink (which you think you should wear every day to work), you will not be taken seriously.



It's a sad thing for most who like to stand out with hair, clothing, body piercings, or tattoos but it's reality. I have a tattoo myself but it is in a place you won't see because I was thinking of my future and how most likely I would be working in a corporate setting someday.



Wear your hair as you want it but don't take it too far with adding crazy colors like I see some girls that have bright orange dreads and such.



Honest answers, please...?

all honesty coming from a white person is that i think that its a part of their culture and america is about freedom of expression of your religion/culture etc and that ppl can wear hair however they want to. for the corperate world though..i dont no. there has to be a level of profesional



Honest answers, please...?

I'd just think that's how she wants to style her hair.



I called "hi" the "n" word - nerd. he is stalking me and I pity him.



Honest answers, please...?

To me, I just think that this is what the African American society is, and it is something that they practice, like how some Chinese people like to put their hair up with decorative combs. It wouldn't keep you from being accepted because it's the views of others that control what they do. Obviously, racist people would probably shun, while open-minded people probably wouldn't care less how you put up your hair.



When I see a woman with an afro, usually the first thing that comes to mind is that I think she's very bold and brave. Then I imagine myself with an afro, and then start wishing that I could pull off such a look. Unfortunately, I can't. -_-



Honest answers, please...?

Not ready to make nice is racist, she called me the N word, so her opinion should be voided.



But I believe that Black women in general with twist are sexy, and more over to seems to be very laid back confident women.



Honest answers, please...?

i wouldn't think anything of it--my best friend and I (white) used to do our hair in twists all the time, but we were all about being crazy and different. HOWEVER, i do think that it could keep her from being viewed professionally. just like our blue/purple hair kept my friend and i from being viewed professionally. i think if she wants to be viewed professionally she should do a basic hairstyle, go long w/ loose waves or sexy and short like Halle Barry. i included a website i found w/cute hair :)



Honest answers, please...?

The type of hair that African American have doesn't give them many alternatives in styling it. The afro and the twist are perhaps two or the very few alternatives there are in styling frizzy hair. No, I would not think of her as militant, contemporary, or conservative, I'll consider her an African American sporting an African American hair style that does not bother me.



Honest answers, please...?

The corporate world is full of the most unimaginable jerks so, yes, it would probably hamper her.



I associate Afros mostly with the Jackson 5.



Honest answers, please...?

I would think it to be very, very, retro. Unless I spoke to you or heard you talking I doubt I would think anything else. As for acceptance, I guess that would depend on where you were and with whom you associated.



Honest answers, please...?

I would never think that about African American people I wouldn't care about their looks as long as they were my friend.



Honest answers, please...?

India Arie says it best.......... "I am not my hair"



A black woman's success (like every woman) in the corporate world is determined by attitude, hard work and persistence.... NOT her hair. :)



Honest answers, please...?

I find it sexy and natural. A woman who hasn't lost her identity.



In the corporate world, you need to be intelligente and competent, no matter your hair.



Entendiste?



Honest answers, please...?

what are you talking about? women with those hair styles are 'accepted' in all avenues of society.



hair is hair and thats their hair's natural texture... they were born with it! as long as its clean and kept neat its the same as non- Afro hair, so what the hell is your point?



the only few morons that might not 'accept' them are the few idiots still out there like you, which would be in the minority population. however, if you really think they actually care what you think, then you also must believe sunshine grows out you a*s! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
credit score