Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Getting rid of SPLIT ENDS(!!!!) of African American hair!??

Ok so i recently decided to stop putting braids and weaves etc in my hair and go natural. I bought a Remington hair straightener and after a month of using it I now have split ends!



What can I do to get rid of 'em- besides cutting them (my hair is just past my chin when straightened and i really dont want it shorter). I hear that VO5 Hot treatment works well when mending split ends, but i'd like someone whose used it and has my type of hair to give me a little review of how it worked for you!



Any other remedies welcome.



Thanx!!!



Getting rid of SPLIT ENDS(!!!!) of African American hair!??

DONT USE THE HOT OIL!!!



Hot oils only coat the hair and make the appearence of split ends disappear.



Ok, so you have coarse/over curly hair and you are flat ironing. The amount of heat you put on your hair is whats causing the damage. The only way to get rid of split ends is to cut them out, once they start to fray they don't stop--unless, you start trying to prevent them.



You should be doing a deep conditioning treatment every week, as part of your regular beauty regimen. and you are going to need a leave in conditioner and a straightening serum for before you blow dry if you aren't already using one.



Getting rid of SPLIT ENDS(!!!!) of African American hair!??

You can't fix what's already broken. Trim off the split ends and look into split /prevention/ which I'm sure someone will mention here soon.



Getting rid of SPLIT ENDS(!!!!) of African American hair!??

You are going to have lay low on the heat. Try not to use it every day. Sleep in a silk cap or wrap and keep your hair well conditioned. I use Kera Care oil, you can probally get it from any professional hair store such as Sally's. And, you will need to keep your ends trim. My stylist is really good and only trims what is needed. My hair has grown so much and is really healthy. Trimming really helps and so does that silk cap at night.



Getting rid of SPLIT ENDS(!!!!) of African American hair!??

all of the above I read are good advise but if you want a great website where women post their remedies and goals



here is one for you



http://www.longhaircareforum.com/forums/



YOu will have to cut your split ends -their is no way to mend it and I have read in many places hot oil treatment are actually very bad for you .



I use OJON which is a deep conditioner ...seems oil base but it is quite expensive at 55 for 5 oz



My sister has dead straight hair ...we're south american chinese and german but same thing happened she used a flat iron and her hair has spilt ends and severly shorterned her hair with the damage /I always recomened learing about your own hair and natural drying and styling techniques.



My own hair texture is 2c/3a with also a mix of 3b but I do have thick hair so my friend advised me some african american hair products would work for my thick hair to give more moisture and some do and some are just too thick based for my hair .What I really recomend you try is a product called fanatasia IC PM night time repair is fantastic !!! Better result than an oil treatent and although it won't mend back your split ends after you cut it ...it will keep the rest of your hair from splitting while giving you a nice healthier look and shine :)



Getting rid of SPLIT ENDS(!!!!) of African American hair!??

check the links below for natural homemade beauty tips to:-- Dry hair / Oily-greasy hair/ Splitends / Fruit Packs for scalp



http://geebal.blogspot.com/2006/08/natur...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
credit score