Saturday, November 21, 2009

Any ideas for a great dry scalp treatments for African Americans?

I needs ideas on in between washing treatments. My hair itself is healthy and not dry dry at all. But my scalp is. Before I wash my hair (I wash it about 1-2 times a week) , for a couple days before, I put olive oil on my scalp. That works, but my hair gets extremely oily. Basically I am trying to figure out what I can use daily to keep my scalp in a healthy condition without weighing down my hair or making it oily. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanx in advance.



Any ideas for a great dry scalp treatments for African Americans?

Well if you only wash your hair 1-2 times a week wash it more and use dandruff shampoo you don't need to have dandruff to use it and dandruff is from dry scalp so it doesn't help it helps dry scalp!



Any ideas for a great dry scalp treatments for African Americans?

You may be washing your hair too much. Whatever you do DON"T WASH IT MORE. It will only make things worse. Unlike caucasion hair, african american hair and scalps don't produce nearly as much oil. Every time you wash your hair you wash way the little bit of natural oils your body produces. For females washing 1 time a week (if that) is good. Also try Indian Hemp oil. It's an oil not grease, it's not as heavy. Best time to apply is at night before bed. Part and apply directly to the scalp. Then wrap with a scarf to help moisturize. Hope this helps.



Any ideas for a great dry scalp treatments for African Americans?

Get some Cornrow Magic. I don't care if you don't wear cornrows or braids this stuff is great for your scalp. It will keep it from getting dry and it will no weigh your hair down of leave it greasy or oily looking or feeling. Think about it that is what it does for braids and the exposed, stretched scalp between rows so if you are not wearing cornrows and your scalp is not stretched it ought to do wonders for you.



You should also stop washing it so much. Once a week migt even be too much Try every 10 days like I do. You are washing away the natural oils that would protect your scalp and nurish your hair. Also check what kind of shampoo you are using if your scalp is dry. Black hair is a lot more delicate than white hair and too much "hair care" can be a bad thing.



Any ideas for a great dry scalp treatments for African Americans?

My grandma who told told my mama to use manyo for conditioning. And vassaline and carrot oil for a healthy scalp. I know that mayo sank but it gives a very pretty shine!!!



Any ideas for a great dry scalp treatments for African Americans?

I sometimes have that problem.



Right now, I mix a very small amount of aloe gel 1/2 tsp.from the inside of the leaf.



1/4c. of olive oil with a thick hair lotion product (or whatever is on sale)



You may have to use a slightly larger container.



Mix it up.( I have a hand mixer) and keep it in the fridge.



Why? The aloe is fresh, and you do not want it to spoil.



Apply a pea drop(as desired) size to each area.



Message daily.



Wrap your hair at night with a silk scarf.



Remember to massage your scalp to help spread the oils properly..



By the way this is not an edible product. If you try to digest the aloe in sizable quantities, you can get botulism. The aloe gel has not been pasteurized However, it is safe to apply to the skin..Just FYI



Good luck.



Any ideas for a great dry scalp treatments for African Americans?

i wash my hair once or twice a week as well ok i use



Tresemme moisutr rich and i want to get Redkens smooth down and all soft coniditner heres the link you can find out what kind of shampoo and stuff you need for your hair REDKEKS"s



http://www.redken.com/yourhair/proc.cfm?...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
credit score