Saturday, November 21, 2009

Do I wash my hair too much? (African American Hair.)?

I workout 7 days a week, and of course I sweat... So, I usually wash my hair on the weekends maybe a Saturday. But sometimes throughout the week, I feel like my hair's dirty because of the sweat or also because of build-up, (From the moisturizer and oil that I use) so I co-wash (Wash with conditioner.) maybe twice a week. So, all in all, that's about 3 times a week. Is that too much?



Do I wash my hair too much? (African American Hair.)?

No. The concern with African-American hair is that too much washing strips the hair of natural oils when your hair is already lacking in oil. If you are co-washing during the week and only shampooing once a week, that's not too much. Co-washing doesn't strip your hair's oils, it only washes away the dirt and products, which is exactly what you want it to do! You're doing the right thing.



I would consider using a very heavy deep moisturizer on the days that you actually shampoo once a week. I really like Redken All Soft Heavy Cream for African-American hair. http://www.redken.com/products/haircare/... Apply to towel dried hair and comb through. Cover your hair with a shower cap and leave on for 15 minutes. Rinse thoroughly.



Good Luck!



Do I wash my hair too much? (African American Hair.)?

no



Do I wash my hair too much? (African American Hair.)?

No that is not too much. I wash my hair 6 days a week!



Do I wash my hair too much? (African American Hair.)?

yes it is jus wash it every week and grease it your hair will be fine jus dnt use pink oil or any thing that says it is a oil moisterizer cuz it splits your ends faster and its not healthy 4 your hair.



Do I wash my hair too much? (African American Hair.)?

no ur taking good care of ur hair some people juust wash it once a week and thats bad because of the oil too much in the hair. so ur good



Do I wash my hair too much? (African American Hair.)?

if your hair has been chemically treated then u are washing it too much. u will dry your hair out and cause damage. if your hair is natural i suppose it would be ok. u just need to make sure you have good conditioner as well as moisturizer. also make sure you are using a gentle shampoo. african american hair needs moisture.



Do I wash my hair too much? (African American Hair.)?

no



Do I wash my hair too much? (African American Hair.)?

My mom washes my sisters hair 1-2 times a week and she is also black [and white] . If your hair gets dry from washing it, you shouldn't wash it that much, but if it's fine how it is right now, then that is OK. My sister has curly nappy hair that would look horrible washing it anymore than that.



Do I wash my hair too much? (African American Hair.)?

People in the Philippines wash their hair once a day, and take a bath at least twice a day. We all have gorgeous hair. And we smell real good too!



Do I wash my hair too much? (African American Hair.)?

nope, if your hair has been doing ok so far i'm sure it's fine.



=]



Do I wash my hair too much? (African American Hair.)?

Not at all, co washing throughout the week is very healthy for afro hair, relaxed or natural. It adds the needed moisture! Also washing it removes the build up from the sweat which allows your hair to grow at its normal rate and thrive.



Do I wash my hair too much? (African American Hair.)?

I am not African American, nor a beautician.They have told me



they have dry fragile hair, and when I combed their hair, it was



very soft, and seemed so fragile. When you sweat, you are



getting salt on your scalp. That is probably why you feel like your



hair is dirty. If you rinse your hair with cool or lukewarm water does it



help to get the salt out. Is your hear breaking or falling out?



I would take a strand of my hair and keep it a week or two and



if you keep doing what you are doing, compare it and see if it



is more broken or split, or seems lighter or dryer. I would also



call a beautician who knows about African American Hair.



Salt build up can damage your roots.



Do I wash my hair too much? (African American Hair.)?

you hair builds up nartural ois so it good to was about 34 or 4 times a week, but dont over do it, also try and avoid oils and use leave in conditioner : )



Do I wash my hair too much? (African American Hair.)?

No that sounds normal. I usually wash about 2 or 3 times a week and follow that up with a moisturizer. Has your hair been feeling dry from washing 3 times a week? If your hair dries out regardless of how often you wash, like mine, you might want to get a light creme style moisturizer. Go for products that are of the light variety, avoid those heavy oils and products with pertoleum and mineral oil.



Do I wash my hair too much? (African American Hair.)?

I wash my hair once every two weeks. Just remeber to keep your scalp oiled and you may want to try "Pink Moisturizer" every night.



Do I wash my hair too much? (African American Hair.)?

Not really. I ususally wash mine about twice a week, maybe three depending on how many and what products I put in my hair. Washing (african american) hair too often can dry it out but you just need to condition, condition, and condition some more and moisturize with natural product. I love shea butter and tea tree oil products because I hate my hair to be greasy and shea butter is light a nd it moisturizes my hair without the greasiness.



Do I wash my hair too much? (African American Hair.)?

You seem to be washing your hear at a reasonable time. You don't want to wash it too much because your hair will dry out and begin to break off, but then you don't want to lack on the washing because your hair will break off because of dirt.So your doing good so far.I use the same product as you and it helps your hair repair itself. I would also try "Daily Moisture Renewal Shampoo/ Conditioner", "Texturize! Conditioner", also "Pink Moisturizer" works aswell. remember to keep you scalp oiled and you should be fine



Do I wash my hair too much? (African American Hair.)?

no i wash it every other day..

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
credit score